Re: Hardware play-through?

On 10/03/2010 10:18 PM, Samuel Kidman wrote:
> Hello All
>
> My current audio set up is like this:
>
> Turntable --> Phono Input | Amp |Tape/Ext Output ---> Front Mic Input
> | Computer.
>
> I want to complete the chain like so:
>
> Turntable --> Phono Input | Amp |Tape/Ext Output ---> Front Mic Input
> | Computer | Headphones plug ---> Headphones
>
> Anyone know how to configure this in FC13? I opened up alsamixer and
> turned up the volume on all my inputs (Mic 1, Mic 2, Line- another
> issue here is I only have 2 plugs on my computer but it's seeing three
> inputs) in the playback section but still can't here anything. I can
> see signal coming in through my computer though, in Sound Preferences
> I can set my Input to Microphone 2 and see the signal. I can also
> record it in audacity and play it back and here it normally (apart
> from the right channel is missing but I think that's a physical layer
> issue)

If you can record it in audacity and play it back, but you
cannot hear it directly in the speakers or headphones, it
means you need to configure the Sound Preferences:
RightClick on speaker  icon -> Sound Preferences -> Hardware
Be sure you have selected the correct output hardware.
On the same screen, click on Test Speakers
a new screen will pop up to test left/right speakers. If no sound,
it means you selected the wrong profile.
That can also be indicated when you
RightClick on speaker  icon -> Sound Preferences -> Output
It will likely show Dummy output.