Re: SSH can't connect

  On 10/02/2010 12:40 PM, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Jim<binarynut@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>   Wether I run NX (nomachine) or SSH I get the same error message, no
>> matter what host I try to connect to.
>>
>> And on the host servers SSHd is running.
>> And so is the Client box.
>>
>> Running  NX
>> Error message:   ssh: connect to host 70.236.39.98 port 22: Connection
>> timed out
>>
>> Running $ ssh jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> ErrorMessage:    ssh: connect to host 70.236.39.98 port 22: Connection
>> timed out
>>
> sometimes you may have changed the default port for ssh service. Check
> whether the port is 22.
> Check /etc/ssh/ssh_config in servers
>
>> --

Here is my;

  /etc/ssh/ssh_config

#    $OpenBSD: ssh_config,v 1.26 2010/01/11 01:39:46 dtucker Exp $

# This is the ssh client system-wide configuration file.  See
# ssh_config(5) for more information.  This file provides defaults for
# users, and the values can be changed in per-user configuration files
# or on the command line.

# Configuration data is parsed as follows:
#  1. command line options
#  2. user-specific file
#  3. system-wide file
# Any configuration value is only changed the first time it is set.
# Thus, host-specific definitions should be at the beginning of the
# configuration file, and defaults at the end.

# Site-wide defaults for some commonly used options.  For a comprehensive
# list of available options, their meanings and defaults, please see the
# ssh_config(5) man page.

# Host *
#   ForwardAgent no
#   ForwardX11 no
#   RhostsRSAAuthentication no
#   RSAAuthentication yes
#   PasswordAuthentication yes
#   HostbasedAuthentication no
#   GSSAPIAuthentication no
#   GSSAPIDelegateCredentials no
#   GSSAPIKeyExchange no
#   GSSAPITrustDNS no
#   BatchMode no
#   CheckHostIP yes
#   AddressFamily any
#   ConnectTimeout 0
#   StrictHostKeyChecking ask
#   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/identity
#   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa
#   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_dsa
#   Port 22
#   Protocol 2,1
#   Cipher 3des
#   Ciphers
aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,arcfour256,arcfour128,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc
#   MACs hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,umac-64@xxxxxxxxxxx,hmac-ripemd160
#   EscapeChar ~
#   Tunnel no
#   TunnelDevice any:any
#   PermitLocalCommand no
#   VisualHostKey no
#   ProxyCommand ssh -q -W %h:%p gateway.example.com
Host *
     GSSAPIAuthentication yes
# If this option is set to yes then remote X11 clients will have full access
# to the original X11 display. As virtually no X11 client supports the
untrusted
# mode correctly we set this to yes.
     ForwardX11Trusted yes
# Send locale-related environment variables
     SendEnv LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY
LC_MESSAGES
     SendEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT
     SendEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL LANGUAGE
     SendEnv XMODIFIERS