Re: Re: Re: No console mouse support in Midnight Commander

2010/10/9 Silent-Hunter <cheery314@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>  On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Hiisi wrote:
>> rpm -ql mc>  outpp;
>> rpm -ql gpm>>  outpp;
>> while read line
>> do
>>       ls -l $line
>> done<outpp
>> rm outpp;
> OK, I did that. But I don't understand the result.
> --

First of all, I don't know what your problem is. All I can state is
that I don't face it on my system.
Because you're suspecting there's some problem with file permissions I
posted that long output for you to compare with your own. It was
produced by bash script. In case you don't know how to reproduce it:
put that magic code into some file, make it executable:
chmod +x some_file
Run it:
./some_file
If you don't understand the meaning of ls -l output then it probably
will be difficult for you to change file permissions. In that case you
really should read its manual:
info coreutils 'ls invocation'
If in your resulting output there will be no difference* with my
output, then it's not a file permissions problem.
* - I have some language packages installed on my system, but I don't
think it makes any difference
Respectfully
--
Hiisi.