Re: VESA mode with 1366x768 monitor

you mean that  i should change the image ratio by the program i write? That's a solution.

another question:

I find if I run into "init level 5" with the x running, then I can't using ctrl+alt+f2 to switch to tty2(just a black bright screen).
when I need to use framebuffer i have to change the /etc/inittab to level 3 and restart.

Is that because 1366x768 is managed by graphic card and the tty console is managed by framebuffer device which can not be showed in the 16:9 ratio with 1366x768?

2010/10/3 Kwan Lowe <kwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 7:52 AM, cheng chen <freakrobot@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, I see. there is no 1366x768x32 vesa mode.
> So if I got a 16:9 monitor and I want to draw circle with framebuffer. It
> can never be a circle in display.

There is a distinction between the physical aspect ratio and the pixel
aspect ratio. Most displays have square pixels now, so should still
draw correctly depending on how the display shows that non-standard
resolution (does it center the image or stretch it).

Cheng(誠)

Fedora Project Contributor -- Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Freakrobot

VEDA Open Source Club co-founder
http://www.vedaclub.org/