Re: Help with VirtualBox??????

On 30/09/10 00:35, Germán A. Racca wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 15:23 +0200, DB wrote:
>> On 28/09/10 00:49, users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> The version of VirtualBox from the fedora repos does not include USB
>>> access.
>>>
>>> 1) Uninstall VirtualBox-OSE.
>>> 2) Then copy the repo from here
>>> http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/fedora/virtualbox.repo
>>> to yum.repos.d
>>> 3) yum install VirtualBox-3.2
>>>
>>> (seehttp://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads)
>>>

>> Thanks, Steven, that has solved my problem!!!!
>>
>> Dave
>
> I've used VirtualBox-OSE (from rpmfusion) and VirtualBox (from the repo
> above) to run the liveCD of Fedora 14 Beta, but it didn't boot in any of
> the two versions of virtualbox. The same happended with the liveCD of
> Fedora 14 Alfa, it didn't boot.
>
> Does it happen to you? Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Germán.

Hi German,

Nope, once I removed the Fedora repo version & installed the one from
virtualbox.org everything seems fine.  Had to make sure I didn't try to
use the USB drive in bothe the vm WinXP and the Fedora host machine, and
to click on the USB device in the Devices tag of the VM, but other than
that, no problems.  BUT....I am still using F12.

Cheers

Dave