Re: Canon BJC-70 colour portable printer, no yellow.

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 07:18 -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
>
>> The manufacturer of my printer (Epson) recommended that I use the
>> printer at least twice a week to keep the jets clear.  It didn't help.
>>
> Sure it did.  You use more ink, you buy more ink, they make more
> money...  You have to wonder if that's the sole reason they give out
> that advice.

Just to chime in here...

It is the sole reason. Cleaning ink jet jets takes a lot of ink and they
do count on this to sell more ink.

Excellent argument for Color Laser printers.

I used to get ink cartridges once every 30-45 days making for an
expensive proposition.
Since I purchased a laser it is every 3-4 months for toners, and I print
every day.

Since the price of Color Lasers have gone down, way down, then the whole
idea of color ink jet is obsolete!!!!