Re: Unable to blank DVD+R R/W

On 09/25/2010 07:55 PM, JD wrote:
<snip>

> This is not a new problem. I only posted it for the first time.
> I had burned many media before and after the problem.
> At the time, I of the problem, I had not posted it to any
> news group.

do you ever procrastinate? ;)

i know a win head who likes suffering. during one of his times of
morning, it was with a r/w cd that he could not erase.

if i am recalling problem correctly, it was with some 'freebie' he
pulled from internet.

he asked me if i knew why he had problem and i told him it was because
he was using windows and hacked software. not appreciated.

months later, when we were talking about other problems, this time his
new install of vista, he mentioned that he did get cd back to use.

as it turned out, a win head friend told him to 'close' cd. he did
and was able to reuse r/w cd.

i do not know if this would apply to a dvd, but what the heck.

also, something i would try, use k3b to see if you can do anything
there with it.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.