Re: Unable to blank DVD+R R/W

JD <jd1008@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>   Have HP DVD/RW (DVD+R) 16X. It is an orange colored back, and the
> recording surface is blue.
> It was recorded using a windows software.
> My DVD-R/W drive is an 8X drive for DVD write, 4x DVD Rewrite, and 24X
> for CD.

You have to unmount the dvd first.  The current gnome machinery will
mount the disc for you, even if you intend to erase it.  This will, of
course, prevent you from being able to erase it.  Do a "df" or "mount"
to get the name of the dvd's mounted fs's and do an unmount on it.  Then
try the erase again.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht      http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/      (IPv6-only)