User space governor for Athlon64

  Running F13  32 bit.

There are these frequency apps:
/usr/bin/cpufreq-aperf
/usr/bin/cpufreq-info
/usr/bin/cpufreq-selector
/usr/bin/cpufreq-set

It seems they either require a user space governor, or o support is
availbale.
To wit:

$ sudo /usr/bin/cpufreq-selector
No cpufreq support

$ lsmod | egrep 'freq|power'
cpufreq_ondemand        7826  0

$ sudo /usr/bin/cpufreq-set -f 2200
Error setting new values. Common errors:
- Do you have proper administration rights? (super-user?)
- Is the governor you requested available and modprobed?
- Trying to set an invalid policy?
- Trying to set a specific frequency, but userspace governor is not
available,
    for example because of hardware which cannot be set to a specific
frequency
    or because the userspace governor isn't loaded?

So, I searched the kernel for the governor module, but found none.

$find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -name \*gov\*
$

It comes up empty

I configured and built the kernel with

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y

The documentation says:
2. Governors In the Linux Kernel
================================

2.1 Performance
---------------

The CPUfreq governor "performance" sets the CPU statically to the
highest frequency within the borders of scaling_min_freq and
scaling_max_freq.

However, I do not find the module  cpufreq_performance.ko in
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/....etc

Also, I am unable to set the min or the max frequency. To wit:

$ sudo /usr/bin/cpufreq-set  -d 2200MHz -u 2200MHz
wrong, unknown or unhandled CPU? <<< man page says default  is 0
Error setting new values. Common errors:
- Do you have proper administration rights? (super-user?)
- Is the governor you requested available and modprobed?
not get built.
- Trying to set an invalid policy?
- Trying to set a specific frequency, but userspace governor is not
available,
    for example because of hardware which cannot be set to a specific
frequency
    or because the userspace governor isn't loaded?
megaherz but perhaps they need to be in gigaherts???

So, I tried to specify the cpu as 0:

$ sudo /usr/bin/cpufreq-set -c 0 -d 2200MHz -u 2200MHz
wrong, unknown or unhandled CPU?
Error setting new values. Common errors:
- Do you have proper administration rights? (super-user?)
- Is the governor you requested available and modprobed?
- Trying to set an invalid policy?
- Trying to set a specific frequency, but userspace governor is not
available,
    for example because of hardware which cannot be set to a specific
frequency
    or because the userspace governor isn't loaded?

Could someone tell me where I can find the user space governor, and/or
force the build of cpufreq_performance.ko ?