Re: Testing disk I/O?

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 21:55 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I know about the smart tools, but they run disk tests
> pretty much entirely within the disk drive (I think?).
>
> Is there a good tool for testing the whole disk I/O
> system that will wind up exercising the disk, the
> controller/chipset, etc? (Hopefully available in the
> fedora repos).

Bonnie++ - but to get the real stats it'll need to write to the disk.
Don't count on saving existing data on the disk if that's what you plan
to do. The read-test from Bonnie++ can be done by smartctl too.

--
Best Regards
  Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
BREAKFAST.COM Halted... Cereal Port Not Responding.