Re: Are all cores unlocked?

fred smith wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 09:26:02AM -0700, JD wrote:
>

>> On 09/22/2010 06:05 AM, Terry Polzin wrote:
>>
>>> cat /proc/cpuinfo
>>> processor	: 0
>>> vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
>>> cpu family	: 16
>>> model		: 4
>>> model name	: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor
>>> stepping	: 3
>>> cpu MHz		: 800.000
>>> cache size	: 512 KB
>>> physical id	: 0
>>> siblings	: 2
>>> core id		: 0
>>> cpu cores	: 2
>>> apicid		: 0
>>> initial apicid	: 0
>>> fdiv_bug	: no
>>> hlt_bug		: no
>>> f00f_bug	: no
>>> coma_bug	: no
>>> fpu		: yes
>>> fpu_exception	: yes
>>> cpuid level	: 5
>>> wp		: yes
>>> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
>>> pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
>>> pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc nonstop_tsc extd_apicid
>>> pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm
>>> sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt npt lbrv svm_lock
>>> nrip_save
>>> bogomips	: 6399.37
>>> clflush size	: 64
>>> cache_alignment	: 64
>>> address sizes	: 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
>>> power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate
>>>
>>> processor	: 1
>>> vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
>>> cpu family	: 16
>>> model		: 4
>>> model name	: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor
>>> stepping	: 3
>>> cpu MHz		: 3200.000
>>> cache size	: 512 KB
>>> physical id	: 0
>>> siblings	: 2
>>> core id		: 1
>>> cpu cores	: 2
>>> apicid		: 1
>>> initial apicid	: 1
>>> fdiv_bug	: no
>>> hlt_bug		: no
>>> f00f_bug	: no
>>> coma_bug	: no
>>> fpu		: yes
>>> fpu_exception	: yes
>>> cpuid level	: 5
>>> wp		: yes
>>> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
>>> pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
>>> pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc nonstop_tsc extd_apicid
>>> pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm
>>> sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt npt lbrv svm_lock
>>> nrip_save
>>> bogomips	: 6400.39
>>> clflush size	: 64
>>> cache_alignment	: 64
>>> address sizes	: 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> [...]
As far as the speed being low the units have power saving features so
when your not at load the processors will clock down.
Disable all the power saving features in the Bios and you will see your
speed go up to normal.

C2 features and C3 will lower voltage and speed and make sure Cool and
quiet is disabled

Michael