Re: F13: What are these kernel messages?

 On 09/19/2010 10:49 PM, JB wrote:
> Daniel B. Thurman <dant <at> cdkkt.com> writes:

>> Sep 18 10:34:15 <host> kernel: DeQueueRunning[0]= TRUE!
>>
>> I get these messages quite often and would like to
>> know why the kernel is spitting out these messages.
>>
> Hi,
> # yum info rt2870
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1056424&page=3
> browser Edit-Find     Find: DeQueueRunning
>
> The rt2870.h file has a printk statement, that is a print kernel message.
> >From the context you can see it is a diagnostic message, probably a help for
> a programmer to trace the program logic execution, but annoying to the user.

> /* ----------------- TX Related MACRO ----------------- */
> #define RT28XX_START_DEQUEUE(pAd, QueIdx, irqFlags)
> 		printk("DeQueueRunning[%d]= TRUE!\n", QueIdx);		\
>
> If you downloaded the driver source code, you could remove it, compile the driver
> yourself without impacting program execution.
> So, no problem.
> JB

Hmm.  Interesting - "they" forgot to remove debug
statements, heh! Annoying for sure, it sure fills up
the logs in a hurry.  Bah!

But what about:

Sep 18 10:34:07 <host> kernel: XXX, flush one!

Annoying as well, and very cryptic.

Thanks for letting me know about DeQueueRunning!
Dan