Re: Wine and iexplore.exe

Well, hey--Wine is something we can all benefit from. Haven't you ever
run across a piece of Windows freeware that you'd like to run? I think
it's fine to support alternatives to Windows-specific shrinkwrapped
programs (OpenOffice v. MS Office; LAMP/LAPgP v. MS Web Server; GnuCash
v. Quicken; etc.). But every now and again you run into some routines
that are written for Windows--coupon printers, that sort of thing. Now
what are you going to do? Refuse to have anything to do with them?
That's called "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face."

Wine allows us Windows functionality without having to pay for a Windows
license. It's worth having for all the instances in which you don't have
access to the source code.

Temlakos