Re: selective command history

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 11:54 -0700, suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Found it!
>
> On 17 September 2010 11:47, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Set HISTIGNORE to 'ignorespace' and prefix any commands you want to
> >> ignore with a space.
> >>

> > That didn't work for me either. :(
> >

> Set HISTCONTROL to "ignorespace" to achieve the above. :)

Let us get specific:
You are saying if I insert the following line in .bash_profile

export HISTCONTROL="ignorespace"

Then commands entered with a space before the first letter in the
command will not show up in when going back in the command history. That
does not work on my machine. What am I doing wrong?