Re: Adding a second IP address with NM

JD wrote:

> On 09/14/2010 10:51 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
>> How does one add a second, non-routable IP address to a laptop's
>> Ethernet port with NetworkManager and F13? At one time I knew how to do
>> this without NM, but a few key brain cells seem to have failed.
>>

> http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2005/05/setting-up-multiple-ip-addresses-on.html

NM has changed significantly since 2005. I recommend deleting this
bookmark from your browser.

You can easily add a second IP from within the NM applet found in your
system tray. Edit the "System eth0" connection or wireless connection
and on the IPv4 page add another IP. Alternatively you can setup a brand
new connection just for this purpose.

No need to bust out the terminal.