Re: Can't connect DD-WRT Router to Comcast

On 09/13/2010 06:19 PM, Jim wrote:
>   FC13 / KDE-4
>
> I cannot get a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT  or a Linksys WRT160N to
> connect to a Arris TM602G/CT Modem.
>
> 1. I have called Comcast and they swear that the connection is not
> registered to my PC MAC address.
>
> 2. I cloned the PC mac address in my DD-WRT/Router.
>
> 3. I have pulled the battery out of the Cable Modem , reset,
> disconnected power cord and ethernet cable and wait 1 minute before
> plugging modem back in.
>      And put in ethernet cable and powered modem back up.
>
> 4. I then powered up the Router and reset it and I get no WAN IP
> addresses in router.
>      PC connects to router and I can login to router and check settings,
> No WAN Ip's in router.
>      I also Cloned the PC Mac address in Router .
>
> 5. I know for sure that the WRT54G is working because I have already had
> it connect to this Modem, but I had to move everything to a different room.
>
> 6. I know the Ethernet Cable is okay because, I can remove it from
> router and plug it directly into PC, and reboot PC and I have a Internet
> Connection, without having to pull the power plug on Modem
>      The ethernet cable is 25 ft. long because the Modem is up stairs
> and I can't relocate it , but that should not be a problem.

Have you compared your PC network configuration with that of the Modem?
I'm using DD-WRT router and this provides a lot of options, and
certainly for my network configuration it will not work after being
reset. So check the following

Is the WAN connection using DHCP or fixed IP address, and the router is
configured correctly for that WAN connection.

Is the LAN side of the router configured to use DHCP or fixed IP address
range, and does this match your PC configuration.

Is the router configured to allow your PC connection, determined by MAC
addresses if set.

For the record I'm using Fedora 13 and KDE, and manage my PC/Laptop
network connections using KNetworkManager.

HTH

cpp4ever