Re: FC12 Boot partition too small to Upgrade to FC13

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 12:09 -0400, Tod Thomas wrote:
> I need to upgrade to Fedora 13 but my boot partition is too small (200
> MB) and it needs to be at least 500 MB.  The boot partition is followed
> by an LVM volume goup composed of a 145 GB root LV and a 5GB swap LV.
> How can I 'safely' decrease the size of the volume group and increase
> the size of the physical boot partition?

Tod,

Michael Chronenworth posted a simple solution to preupgrade's /boot
space problem. He moved install.img (148MB) from /boot to a thumb drive.
When anaconda doesn't find it in /boot, it asks for its location. Point
anaconda to the thumb drive and the upgrade will proceed without a
hitch.

HTH
--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL