Re: OCR program for plots recognition

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Hiisi <very-cool@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nice try, Marco! Thank you. But I need some tool to produce data in a
> text file from graph image.
> And something that I can just yum' install?

I don't see an RPM, but the installation is pretty simple:

export PATH=/path/to/your/java/bin:$PATH

sh  PlotDigitizer_2.4.1_Linux_installer.bin

It will open an installer.  I install in /home/kwan/bin/Plot_Digitizer
and create links in /home/kwan/bin.

Accept the rest of the defaults...

Run the Plot_Digitizer, open your image file, then follow the tabs to
grab data. Here's an example of the output:

-9.27083    -0.21364
-9.13194     -0.37273
-8.92361	    -0.54091
-8.71528    -0.69091
-8.54167    -0.80000
-8.33333    -0.88636
-8.09028    -0.98182
-7.88194	    -1.00000
-7.39583	    -0.89545
-7.15278	    -0.75455
-6.94444    -0.58182
-6.73611	    -0.44545
-6.63194	    -0.31364
-6.45833	    -0.19545

I used gnuplot to create a sin(x) plot then saved the plot as a PNG. I
then used Plot_Digitizer to extract the data..
There's obviously some noise, but if your scale is better your results
should improve.