Re: Lots of mirror errors on yum

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 07:17:39 -0700, Edmon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I recently run yum install on my virtual Fedora 13 (my test machine)
> I get into lots of 404 http errors on mirrors.
>
> I suspect that this has to do something with this Fedora not
> being as frequently updated as my physical one, so I would like
> to know if there is something I can do with my yum to eliminate these
> inaccessible mirrors.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Edmon

Close to impossible to comment on without seeing any of the Yum output.
The default Yum configuration of a Fedora installation points at the
Mirror Manager's metalinks, that are supposed to redirect to sane and
up-to-date mirrors.

You could also add at least a little bit of trouble-shooting, such as
running "yum clean metadata ; yum update" to see whether redownloading
the repository metadata archives will "fix" the 404 errors immediately
or whether you somehow encountered a mirror that offers fresh metadata
but not yet all the latest packages.