F12/13: Gnome Desktop Session saves - do not work

I am getting all sorts of wierd problems trying to
get the gnome desktop sessions save to work,
and it does not work most of the time or at least
I cannot save the durn thing at least once you know,
like the Ronco: "Save it and forget it!" sort of thing...
ok, ok, so I embellished it.

When is this gonna get fixed - or - shall I ask, has
anyone else besides me have an issue with this?

Sigh... Ubuntu got it right, so when is Fedora gonna
get it right?

Fedora is my favorite distro but come on, it has not
worked right since F9 (barely), at least for me...

grumbling....