Re: OT ? I'm about this close to buying an iPad...

Hi,

On 09/02/2010 08:36 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> [...snip...]
> Along comes the iPad.  And it seems to do everything I want.  Plays
> MP3s.  Does nav.  Bright screen.  Affordable. And if you check youtube,
> lots of people have embedded them in cars.
>
> But being an OS guy, I want a machine running Linux, not iOS or whatever
> its called.   Where is it ?  I keep reading stories about dozens of
> tablet devices running Linux/Android/Meego on Slashdot, but where are
> they ?
> [...snip...]
> I wait, growing more impatient day by day.

I don't know about your specific application (ie: A car PC) but as a linux
alternative (or rather, more appropriately, an android alternative) to IPad,

how about the Infibeam Phi:
http://www.infibeam.com/Phi

or the Eken M00[1-6] tablets:
http://www.ekengroup.com/en/products/index.asp?bid=2

or the Identity Tab
http://www.google.com/search?q=Identity+Tab

or any of the other android based tablets:
http://www.google.com/search?q=android+tablet

I know people who have bought the Eken M001 and are fairly satisfied with it as
a mutimedia/ebook/surfing ...etc device.

cheers,
- steve

--
random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/