F13 LXDE spin fails to even boot on 64-bit dual quadcore

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I downloaded the F13 LXDE spin and installed
it on a dual-core IBM T61 Thinkpad laptop. It came up ok and I was able
to install to hard drive.

Next, thinking this would be a 10-minute breeze, I went to a Dell
Precision T7400 dual quad-core Xeon Processor X5482 and asked the
machine to boot from a live CD. Everything was going as advertised,
except that after it goes into grub, the screen goes black and there
are some error messages about checksum. (Btw, the Verify and Boot option
does nothing.) It then switches off, reboots and goes through the same
process. So, I figured that maybe my CD got damaged in the laptop
install. So, I burnt a new one and tried my luck on this new one. Same
problem.

Btw, the specific error message is:
[drm: drm_ehid_block_valid] *ERROR* EDID checksum is invalid remainder
is 49
[drm: drm_ehid_block_valid] *ERROR* Raw EDID.

I wondered if the CD-ROM was bad so put it in the CD-RW. Same problem.

The graphics card is a ATI FireGL V3600.

Any suggestions? Helpful advice?

Best wishes,
Ranjan