Re: SELinux - a call for end-of-life.

Gordon Messmer <yinyang <at> eburg.com> writes:

> On 09/01/2010 05:35 AM, JB wrote:
> > This idea is so sick - any real sys admin wants to know her machine inside
> out,
>
> There are more than two thousand items in my $PATH.  Yours is probably
> similar.  Do you understand what every one of them do?  Are you
> experienced with development in C and assembly?  All of the APIs present
> in your systems?  Enough to contribute to the maintenance of your software?
>
> I understand if you're frustrated by unfamiliarity with this specific
> component, but I find myself in doubt that anyone is familiar with every
> component of their system.
>
> If you are, then you're probably also capable of writing a replacement. :)

Hi,
as a sys admin with "more than two thousand items in my $PATH" you are
certainly knowledgeable about the subject of security, without having to
pretend to know every bit of what you have to take care of.

There are things that you wish, but the current security framework does not
provide or if does then inadequately, right ?
Please feel free to add some thoughts to my modest idea of the future concept
of security. Do not assume that it has to be something big or revolutionary -
we have seen that small and evolutionary things can make a difference too.
JB