Re: SELinux

Takehiko Abe <keke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sent: Sep 1, 2010 8:43 AM
>To: Community support for Fedora users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: SELinux
>
>>> Just count the known incidents of such exploits. ZERO. No WMD.
>>
>> Pure bullshit.  There are PLENTY of UNIX/Linux systems that are 'powned'.
>
>You misunderstood my sentence. out of context. this is the second time.
>you are knocking a strawman.

Forgive me then.  I think that you read that browsers were more 'secure' under Linux than under Windows.  This is definitely not true and has been proven time and time again.  However, installing user interactable malware is possible, but definitely more difficult under Linux/UNIX.

As far as operating system security, yes Linux is more secure.  This is because of the inherint closeed security of UNIX vice the open security of Windows.  Using SeLinux is like having a 'belt and suspenders' system.  It verifies that all is secure, and limits users to only what they should be doing.

Again, my apologies for misreading your original message.  As far as systems security, inherint in the product, Linux wins hands down.  However, one must be extremely cautious when browsing not to step on a 'land mine' site.

James McKenzie