Re: SELinux - a call for end-of-life.

Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, September 01, 2010 13:35:14 JB wrote:
> > SELinux is a bad thing, concept- and design-wise.
> [snip]
>
> Are you trying to be funny? I seem to have missed a smiley or SCNR or such...
>
> There are already two long philosophical threads about SELinux still active,
> surely you are not serious about starting yet another one? Especially start it
> with such a big bunch of FUD?
>
> Best,
> Marko

Hi,
no, I am serious about the "bad thing"; obligatory smiley here :-) .

I have watched carefully all SELinux-related threads, searched Google for
historical and current opinions, also expressed my ad hoc opinions here.

I realized that this software is rejected by many, defended by others.
A too important software to be so controversial in the space of system security.

I think the more profound question has to be asked - does it serve the Linux
community (professional and amateur) ?
JB