grub-install question

  A friend has a PC with
windows only on the main boot disk,
and another windows + F13 on the second disk.

Because he did not install grub on sda, he can only boot
windows on sda. Bios boot menu does not allow him to
select the second disk for booting. Only way he can
boot second disk is by disabling main disk (sda) in bios,
and then bios will boot from the second disk.

Since I do not have such a setup, nor such a PC, I needed
to find out the following:

if main disk is disabled in bios, and fedora is booted
from 2nd disk,  is boot disk named /dev/sda as far as
Fedora is concerned? Or is it named /dev/sdb ??

So, now if he wants to use grub-install to iinstall the
boot loader onto the bios-disabled-drive,
a- is that drive visible to Fedora?
b- if it is visible, what will it's name be?
c- Assuming it is visible and Fedora names it /dev/sdb
     and he runs:  grub-install --recheck /dev/sdb

will grub-install attempt to put the grub image files in
the root directory of /dev/sdb??
(Note: as explained above, the main boot drive, disabled-in-bios, is all
a windows drive).
I am concerned that grub-install might damage windows.