Re: unbale accesses fedora

On 26 August 2010 13:59, Beartooth <beartooth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:37:39 +0530, rajib samal wrote:
>
>> i have installed fedora13
>>
>> then iinstalled ubuntu 9.04
>>
>> after that i am unable to open fedora
>>
>> help me
>
>        You can still run Ubuntu, right?
>
>        You might want to try launching ubuntu and running gparted and/or
> qtparted -- WITHOUT telling either to DO anything. Just look! You want to
> make sure the Fedora install is still there.
>
>        If so, use your ubuntu browser to look at
>
> http://www.supergrubdisk.org/ and
>
> http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/Main_Page,
>
> from which you can download and burn a CD that will both help you, and
> also give you good explanations of what it does.
>
>        If gparted a/o qtparted shows *only* ubuntu installed, you'll
> want to reinstall Fedora -- being very careful this time to make it use
> only free space (to keep it from wiping ubuntu away).

I think the main problem/complication here is Ubuntu uses GRUB2 where
as Fedora only supports GRUB or in updated terminology, GRUB Legacy.
However the OP should have been able to install Ubuntu without
overwriting Fedora's /boot if the partitioning was done correctly.

The easiest partitioning scheme should be something like this,

/boot - for Ubuntu (about 200 - 500 MB)
/       - for Ubuntu
/boot - for Fedora (about 500 MB)
/       - for Fedora