rpm -e question

  Running rpm -e <pkgname>
does not delete the binaries and other files that
were installed by the package; and I see no option
to rpm in the man page to remove the package's files.
So far I have had to remove them manually after I
remove the package. But that is a hit and miss operaton
because I cannot always remember to do

rpm -ql --provides <pkgname>

and delete the files listed (after doing rpm -e).

I know there are dangers to providing such a feature
and use it accidentally and do damage:

for example, you need the ability to boot different
version of the kernel.
Since a kernel package also installs header files in /usr/include
and firmware files in /lib, then such an accidental usage
of such an option could wreak havoc.

But isn't that always the case with so many other commands,
which if they are used without full knowledge of the consequences,
then indeed we get to be hit by those consequences.

Does anyone agree that rpm should have an option such as
--delete-files  to delete tha package's installed files ??