Re: grub menu is automatically skipped

Once upon a time, Greg Woods <woods@xxxxxxxx> said:
> Yes, but I want to switch to Windows, and *then* return to Linux in the
> same state. It is possible to do this, I have done it in the past and it
> is quite a time saver,

You were lucky.  Hibernating one OS, running another, and then waking up
the first can leave the hardware in unpredictable states (IIRC the power
management modes don't define support for that).  Linux tries to reset
things, but it isn't supported due to the unknowns.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>