Re: faster /dev/random

On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 00:47 -0700, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

> I noticed that things speed up quite a bit if I move the mouse in
> circles for 10 minutes.

But you're also doing something predicatable and repetetive -- moving
your mouse in circles for 10 minutes.

> I'm a bit wary of urandom since it will cut down on the search space
> for
> my key.  If I need to wait a few days for my 28 keys to be crunched,
> I'd
> rather just wait.

I suspect that your repetetive circular mouse movements have already
reduced the randomness of the numbers you are generating so
using /dev/urandom may give you similar results with less effort on your
part.