Re: Recent Mirror Drain Bamage?

On 08/19/2010 07:58 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

> To minimize my WAN traffic, I rsync the F13 release and update mirrors
> from //download.fedora.redhat.com to local repos every day, then yum
> update all my systems using those locals (rather like RHEL's Satellite).
> I've not seen any difficulties like you describe. (I'd be happy to send
> you copies of those scripts if you'd like.)

Your scripts won't actually prevent the problem he's describing.  If you
sync off of a mirror that's bad, your mirror will be bad, too.

I use mock to do something similar, but it saves a tremendous amount of
bandwidth, because it'll only download the packages that are listed in
the kickstart file that it uses for configuration.  It also builds its
own repodata, so you actually are protected from odd mirrors.  Your data
will always be consistent.