Re: Wifi Monitor

Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 08/17/2010 10:19 PM, Dick Roark wrote:
>> How about NetworkManager?  Works fine for me:
>

>    Dont think it shows all the AP's and their MAC addresses, nor their
> current quality etc - i dont even think it shows the mac for the AP
> you're currently connected to - it certainly doesn't show you all the
> available AP's for the same SSID.
>
>    It does work fairly well these days .. but still lacks some of the
> info as above ... as far as I know.

I date back to the days when things were done by hand (and you had to build your
own kernel to get ipw2200) and used to use "iwlist scan" from command line.
There are options to do what you want.

And thank you for jogging my memory, that trick could well be useful under
Android as well.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>