Re: Sendmail on a LAN

 On 08/18/2010 06:31 PM, Tim wrote:
> Whether it be monthly, or more rapidly, SMTP servers aren't supposed to
> change (numerical IP) addresses.  It's not a good idea to run a SMTP
> server from a dynamic address.  When your address changes, you lose mail
> (from anything that cached your IP, and keeps on using the cached
> address), and someone else (who gets your old one) get spammed.

Actually, that shouldn't happen.  You may not get the email but it
shouldn't get lost and the person that gets the previous IP address
shouldn't get spammed.  I would expect the emails to be rejected with
"User Unknown".

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. -- Sir Francis Bacon 葛
斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段