Re: Sendmail on a LAN

  On 08/17/2010 12:53 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, JD<jd1008@xxxxxxxxx>  said:
>> Well, that would require that sendmail would have to listen
>> on that alternate port. How is that accomplished?
> Change DaemonPortOptions.
>
> If you are using the .mc (recommended) way of configuring sendmail, do
> something like:
>
>     dnl for local connections
>     DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')
>     dnl for outside connections redirected
>     DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=1234, Name=EMTA')
>
> If your system has multiple IPs (e.g. a router with outside and inside
> interfaces), you could restrict which IP and port combos are used (if
> you do this, you usually want to listen on localhost as well):
>
>     dnl for local connections
>     DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Address=192.168.1.1, Name=MTA')
>     DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Address=127.0.0.1, Name=LMTA')
>     dnl for outside connections redirected
>     DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=1234, Address=10.1.1.1, Name=EMTA')

Thanx - will try this.
I am having big problems with the router though!
This AT&T Uverse router is made by 2-wire
and it has the worst configuration firmware I have ever
had the displeasure of using.

Currently, when a remote host tries to connect on port 25,
the router (which is configured to forward all ports to my
lan ip address), and which is configure to let in connection
requests on port 25), is rejecting these connections with the
message logged:

INF 2010-08-17T09:38:01-07:00 fw,fwmon
  src=74.125.83.47 dst=x.y.y.z ipprot=6 sport=49645 dport=25 Unknown
inbound session stopped

The source IP is google. How could google mail server possible start an
Unknown inbound session?

What the heck is Unknown inbound session anyway, when the firewall rules
are set up to
ALLOW smtp ??

I think this routers firmware is a piece of dog sh*t.