Re: OT: soundcard Oscilloscope.

On 08/16/2010 10:55 AM, Mick M. wrote:
> Hi;
>   I am trying to get a soundcard software scope to work in F13.
> So far no luck, dependency hell or missing libraries.
>
> I found some windows based ones.
> I have XP in Virtualbox, but it cannot talk to the sound card.
>
> I will be getting a DSO Nano soon, so this is a temporary fix.
> This is a FOSS device from Dangerous Prototypes and Seeed Studios.
>
> So if you have managed to get one working - please share.
>
> Mick M

There's xoscope:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xoscope/

Not the prettiest but builds and runs on recent distributions (not
packaged in Fedora afaik).

And FFTExplorer:

http://www.arachnoid.com/FFTExplorer/

Which is going to be less familiar if you're looking for something that
acts like a traditional analog scope but has some neat features for
looking at the spectral components of a signal. Java app but seems to
run fine on OpenJDK.

There's a few other projects out there that I've never played with:

Osquoop:
http://gitorious.org/osqoop

glScope:
http://luke.no-ip.org/code/

QOscC:
http://flup.homelinux.org/qoscc.html

If you are used to Velleman scopes (and maybe have one at home.. :)
there's also QtDSO an interface for the PCS64i series of digital scopes.
No idea if it's in any way useful without the hardware:

http://www.mtoussaint.de/qtdso.html

Regards,
Bryn.