Re: Vesa Drivers - fedora instalation

James McKenzie wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>
>> David A. Paredes Rios wrote:
>>

>>> Hello guys, i have a doubt, there is anyway to install fedora with vesa
>>> drivers or generic video drivers as default?
>>> Because i have some problems installing my fedora, after install, i have
>>> video problems, then someone give me a command or something to install
>>> with default vesa drivers, and it  works fine, anyone knows how to do it?
>>>

>> The last time I looked, there was "Install a system with basic video drivers"
>> which I believe is what ynou want.
>>

> Bill:
>
> I get an error that there is not enough video memory and then the
> installation switches to text mode.
>
> If I complete the installation, I get the wrong video mode and screen
> corruption.
>
> I think 'Doc' Savage sent me fixes for that.
>
> James McKenzie

I had the same problem with a 512 meg ram laptop that was using shared
ram for video
I reduced the shared ram down to 16 meg for the install only then after
it was finished I brought it back up to 64 meg
Another system that used no shared ram for video failed to install in
vesa mode and I had to bring it up to 768 meg ram just for the install
then drop back down to 512 after install

The min requirements for F13 is

        1.2.2. Processor and memory requirements for x86_64 architectures

    *
      Minimum RAM for text-mode: 256 MiB
    *
      Minimum RAM for graphical: 384 MiB
    *
      Recommended RAM for graphical: 512 MiB

It runs on 512meg ram but install requires more for some reason

If you ave more ram then put it in and try again