nvidia legacy driver update for Xorg 1.8 available

Hi,

does anybody know whether there will be rpm packages for legacy nvidia drivers (173.xx) on e.g. rpmfusion or any other repository?

Nvidia has updated the 173.xx drivers and have added support for Xorg 1.8:
http://www.nvidia.de/object/linux-display-ia32-173.14.27-driver-de.html

I know, that there's the nouveau drivers, but its bad 2D performance is unbearable on my old machine. Performance with both 2D and 3D was good on F12 with nvidia's driver.

Thanks in advance

Boris