Re: What does the DVD media check if installing a new Fedora version? / Proposal

Joachim Backes wrote:
> having the following question: What does the DVD/CD media check exactly
> if booting a Fedora DVD/CD? Is it the sha256sum? If yes, why this media
> check, because it could be done after having burned the DVD?

You can already do this in K3b, there's a box you can check to verify the
burned stuff. (If I'm not mistaken, it actually does a bytewise compare
these days, not a checksum.)

You can also run sha256sum /dev/cdrom and compare the result with the
published checksums.

        Kevin Kofler