Re: Bugzilla problem: trying to edit the concerned component lets firefox loop

"Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sent: Aug 13, 2010 6:55 AM
>To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Bugzilla problem: trying to edit the concerned component lets	firefox loop
>
>On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:57:48PM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> On 08/13/10 11:57, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>
>> I was a bit impatient: I had to wait for more than 1 min, until the
>> component pulldown menu appeared. I think this is too long (even on my
>> 2x1.86 Ghz intel box).
>
>This is a known issue, because the component list is very long and
>(IIRC) is loaded with a JS.  I don't know whether the BZ 3.6 update
>coming this weekend will help with this issue.

Poor design if it is pulling the entire component list for Fedora down at one time.  Makes things VERY slow.  Javascript or no javascript, it is still going to be slow and over a dial-up connection painfully so.

(And I know about poor design for pull down lists, I deal with it on a daily basis...)

James McKenzie