Re: Ugly Text

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 22:59 -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> I do have the msttcore-fonts package installed.  Could the reason it
> looks like garbage for the OP be simply that?

Quite likely.  In the absence of the requested font, the system will try
to find a replacement.  That may be done by name matching, or you may
configure a list.  Some automatically chosen replacements might look
bad, because they're not intended as a general body font (e.g. they're a
heading font), or their a bitmap at a different size.

Most fonts look good at certain sizes, but not so good when you go
beyond that, if you simply scale them up or down.  Scaling bitmaps is
going to be awful.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686