Re: Ugly Text

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 01:46:02PM -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> Text to be printed by Firefox has disastrously bad text layout, and has
> had bad layout for years.  An example is attached.  The only way to get
> text well laid out is to copy it into a word processor (I use Open
> Office) and to print it out from there.
>
> Who else has noticed this?  Is there a known cure, say by downloading
> fonts, or font layout tables?
>
> Thanks - jon

Having not yet viewed your attached images, I need to ask: is it ugly
characters/symbols, or is it the horrid layout?

I have this ongoing pet peeve with firefox in which it will take a
web page that looks one way, and re-renders it horribly for layout
on the printer. often a page that fits compactly on the screen will
come out of the printer as 3 separate pages with stuff spread out
vertically that was in "parallel" on the screen.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."