Re: Processor Scalability and Linux

JD wrote:

> To do that, you need a library interface or sysctl command line
> that would "affine" the process and it's threads to
> to a set of cpu's (I am not certain if there is granularity here
> as far as selecting a subset of cores from a cpu).

JD and Michael,

Take a look at taskset:

  taskset is used to set or retrieve the CPU affinity of a running
  process given its PID or to launch a new COMMAND with a given CPU
  affinity.  CPU affinity is a scheduler property that "bonds" a
  process to a given set of CPUs on the system.  The Linux scheduler
  will honor the given CPU affinity and the process will not run on
  any other CPUs.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions