Re: Leaving firefox running remotely through a ssh connection

 On 08/04/2010 10:34 PM, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 August 2010 09:22, Paul Smith wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Mike. Concerning the suggested way, I have a question:
>> can someone nearby the remote computer see what I do on the vnc
>> session?
> If a monitor is connected and it's turned on, yes.

I believe you are confusing VNC on Windows with VNC on Linux.  On
Windows the answer is yes since there is a single video server and you
are simply taking over.  However, with vncserver on Linux you are
actually creating a separate Xvnc server with its own display.  It will
not be visible on the "console" of the remote machine.

--
I haven't spoken to my wife for 18 months - I don't like to interrupt
her. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段