Re: Updating JRE (Java)

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Mauriat Miranda <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> If you install the Sun JRE using the RPM and made sure to setup the
>> proper symlinks,  then the update is just one single 'rpm' command.
>

> I installed using the following:
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/indiadoor/java-jre
>
> Now what do you think, I should use the command for rpm?

Sorry, because you used those instructions there is NO easy way to update.
You need to redo *every* step.

-OR-

You can undo all those steps and install the RPM.
There are guides on the web on how to install the Sun JRE RPM and
setup all the proper links.

Similar amount of work, but the RPM I think is easier.

Also, the Sun JRE is not included in the standard fedora YUM repositories.

--
Mauriat Miranda
http://www.mjmwired.net/linux