Re: how not to initialize HD

On Mon August 2 2010, JB wrote:
> I think your instict is telling you the right thing.
> Stick with us, Linux/UNIX boyz and girls, and soon you will forget there is
> anything like Windows on your hard disk.
> I did it looooooooong time ago -:)

well, I've been using linux on my desktop for many years, I was installing
UNIX back in 1985, so you are preaching to the choir:)
I was installing Red Hat system for 3 years, I even setup my own CentOS server
at home, but my desktop moved a few years back from SUSE to Debian. My wife
likes stability, so I pretty much LEAVE IT ALONE! My laptop is another
matter:) I travelled with it and it was dual-boot XP/Ubuntu for 3 years. I
needed XP for Quickbooks, but I worked mainly in Ubuntu. SInce I installed
RHEL, it just seems logical to have Fedora on my laptop, and maybe/eventually
I'll move it to my desktop...
for now at least I have Fedora 13 on my laptop, and I found the right list!

thanks for all the help! I'm sure I'l have more questions as I transition from
apt-get to yum.. GUIs are fine, but I do most of my work on the command line.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800