Re: Menu Editor

 On 08/02/2010 06:39 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I've added an entry with Menu Editor (right click on f-button in panel)
> to enable ssh -Y <remote host>.
> I've set "Run in terminal" on the Advanced tab.
>
> This works, except that I get a white-on-black screen
> with nothing at the top of the screen to change this.
>
> On another laptop, with exactly the Menu Editor setting
> I get a nice page with the usual File-Edit-View tabs at the top.
>
> I'm wondering what actually sets the look of the screen?
> Is it a default konsole setting, or is it something to do with ssh?
> Or perhaps a shell setting?
>
> I see that there is Menu Editor setting with "Run in terminal"
> to set Terminal options, but nothing I have tried there
> has has any effect.
>
> I should say that I am running Fedora-13/KDE on this laptop.
> Any and all advice gratefully received.

Works fine here in F13 under KDE.  The "terminal" in use is konsole.  I
have created a profile with the settings that I want...white background,
black text.  In the menu item in the Advanced section I specify terminal
options with --profile and the name of the created profile.

FYI/FWIW, typing "konsole --help" gives you the available command options.

--
Serving coffee on aircraft causes turbulence. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德
路四段