Re: Newb question

 On 08/01/2010 06:15 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2010 06:13:21 pm D. VITELLIUS REGULUS did opine:
>
>> Is there any programs i can use to install .exe files to Fedora 13?
>>
>> Investigator, Embassy Investigations.
> I get the impression this one came from a hacker, looking for some way to
> exploit linux.
>
> If you come back again, please come back with a believable name, and a
> believable return address.  This msg sets off all sorts of red lights and
> alarms.

What in blue blazes have you been drinking today?  The only ones this
sets off alarm bells with are the overly paranoid.  Do you really think
anyone in their right mind would come to this list looking for "hacker"
advice?  Are any of the discussions on this list ever remotely
suggestive of this being a "go to" list for hacker info?  Gee...and
don't you think that if anyone were that silly to think this list as a
good source they would use a generic email address like "gmail.com"?
What do we know about anyone from gmail.com on this list?

Besides....

Look at the darn email headers...oh...maybe gmail hides that from you...

[172.16.1.96]) by imta-38.everyone.net with ESMTP id qcrtng2r5-1
for <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Sat, 31 Jul 2010 11:26:15 -0700

[egreshko@meimei ~]$ host -t mx policeone.com
policeone.com mail is handled by 5 sitemail.everyone.net.

Kind of matches up don't you think?

Do your home work.  Don't jump to conclusions with little to go on....
Or, better yet, don't jump at all.

--
What foods these morsels be! 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段