fedora power management not working in f13

JB <jb.123abc <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Chris Rouch <chris.rouch <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I have a duel boot laptop. if i boot it into f12, using kde,  and pull
> > out the power cord, i get a popup message telling me i've done so and
> > the battery monitor icon changes. If i boot into f13, also kde, i get
> > no indication at all when i pull out the cable. The home directory is
> > shared between the two boots, so the configuration is the same.
> >
> > I think this was working for f13 too until the last time i applied
> > updates, though it may just be that i didn't test it.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this? Can anyone suggest how I can debug it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris
> Hi,
> I am on a Gnome desktop and so can not help you with KDE.
> But I think you should try Gnome as well (they can co-exist).
> You will get to know it (I am a convert from KDE myself) and at the same time
> see if your power and battery work correctly.
> Try it:
> # [root <at> localhost jb]# yum grouplist |grep -i gnome
> # yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
> JB

Hi,
I have installed a fresh KDE desktop environment and without any changes in
settings can confirm that power cord pull out and plug in change battery icon
and display a popup message about the corresponding event.
So it is about your machine and KDE.

Look at Applications-Settings-System Settings-Advanced tab-Power Management .

I repeat my invitation to a Gnome desktop - you will be glad you did it :-) .
System-Preferences-Power Management .

JB