Re: Still no kmod for new Nvidia

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 13:12:16 -0700,
  Michael Miles <mmamiga6@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What do you mean off topic .

This is for questions about Fedora. You are asking about something from
RPMFusion. This isn't the correct list for that. However it isn't greatly
off topic and some people here might have useful advice for you.

> Kmods not available for new Nvidia driver.
> It was suggested to ask RPM Fusion which I did with NO reply.

Well maybe that is a good reason not to be using their stuff.

> I just want to know if it is safe to install this since they are mismatched

If only the string after the last - is different, the changes should only
be minor.

If you already have some nvidia kmods installed, installing another is not
likely to mess your system up any more than it already is. The packages
typically check what video card you have and aren't likely to damage your
video card.

So perhaps you should try it and see if it works or not.