Re: Memory Upgrade on FC13

On Saturday, July 24, 2010 12:19:15 pm binarynut@xxxxxxxxxxx did opine:

>   FC13
>
> Memory terms ??
>
> I have a kit of 2 boards  2gb PC2 (2x1gb) , does that mean that the 2
> boards are a total of 2gb with both boards installed ?

Generally yes, buit check with the motherboard manual to see which sockets
they should go in, in order to have them run properly interleaved access,
which will double the data bandwidth in and out of the memory.  This will
only take place, and is generally controlled by the bios, but only if the
two sticks are identically sized and speed rated.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)